Here’s the recipe!
- 1.5 Cups Chocolate Chips/Pieces (*real* chocolate only!)
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 15 Double-Stuf Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Melt chocolate in microwave, using 20-second bursts, stirring between bursts. Don’t let it burn! Cool to almost room temperature.
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor to fine crumbs. You can also put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Pat the cookie crumbs into a pie tin or springform pan.
- Bake the cookie crust for about 5 minutes, just until set. Cool completely!
- Whip 1 cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Optional: A 1 oz of your favorite chocolate-compatible liquor to the whipped cream and mix well.
- Beat together the whipped cream and melted chocolate just until combined. Spread on top of the cooled cookie crust, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream. Optionally, add a 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Spread on top of the chilled pie and serve.